Smudging connects people to the Creator and provides communities with a way to gain spiritual protection and blessings, as well as to improve spiritual health. The smoke created by burning sacred herbs is thought to purify the body and soul, and bring clarity to the mind.
1. Set an intention or prayer with whatever greater power you believe in (an angel, God, the Universe, etc). Think of the first intention that comes to mind and use a match to light the tip of your smudge stick.
2. Blow out the flame and lightly wave the tip of the stick in the air until it begins to smolder.
3. Hold the stick over a fireproof bowl and use a feather or your hands to gently move the smoke around whatever you choose to cleanse.
4.If you’re cleansing a physical space, start on the right of the room and move counter clockwise in a full circle around the space. Visualize the negative thoughts, in-influences, and energy leaving your space. Repeat your intention and imagine positivity and peace entering your home.
5. Don’t neglect yourself while smudging - allow the smoke to billow around your entire body work your way down from the top of your head to your toes.
6. At the end of your smudging session, we always suggest finishing with a clockwise notion or 3 signs of the cross in front of the smudger in the center of the space. This is to seal up the space and to prevent anything that doesn’t be-long from potentially lingering in the space.
7. Extinguish in a bowl of sand or lay in a fireproof bowl. Do not use water. Rid your ashes outside to give back to the Earth.
8. Re-use again and again until gone.
Comments will be approved before showing up.